Thursday 25 March 2010

I have doubled my gym time since yesterday... WOW!

I really did… taking into account I spent two minutes exercising yesterday. Today I extended it to four. :-)

Today I am going to depart from the BIG numbers and dig inn how misleading is to use percentages without any reference point.

How many times you have heard of the fastest growing industry, or company, or country? In fact, it is a very useful marketing resource when you are just not BIG enough….

Th trick is…what is your starting point? 100 dollars in little money, but If I have a revenue of 100 dollars, that will double my revenue. Little effort, big headlines. If you are GE, well… it will be a drop in the ocean.

That the number of members of a religion, customers of a company or expediter in education grew 300% might sound a big change, but it all depends of how small the initial point is. In most of the cases, the issue was so small that almost any effort will show enormous growth.

I nevertheless appreciate any message congratulating for my  commitment to excercise :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment